My now-husband and I got engaged on Nov 2015.He bought me a round, forever brilliant, halo, 2 carat, moissanite ring because I wanted a "conflict-free diamond" from Moissanite Co.

The ring was beautiful when we first received it. After about 6 months, one of the stones composed of the halo became visibly yellow/dull/cloudy. A few other stones on the band were a bit dull but nothing too apparent or concerning. We took it to a jeweler for professional cleaning and was told the stone has discolored over time.

(Keep in mind, Nov 2015- June 2016 is a 6 months time frame.) I work from home, rarely wears my ring out for errands and date nights. 6/27/2016, my husband submitted a return request to replace the discolored stone. On Aug 2016, he finally shipped the ring back to Moissaniteco. On 8/15/16 The Moissaniteco representative emailed him and asked "which stone we were unhappy with.

On the band or in the halo." They were unsure which stone was discolored. I would assume a professional jeweler would have the appropriate instrument to identify which stone in the halo was the most discolored. My husband has previously discussed this prior to sending the ring back, and we both can see it clearly with our naked eye. 8/26/16 Moissaniteco shipped ring back to us after they supposedly replaced the stone.

After we received the ring, it appeared as if one stone was a tad smaller than the rest around the halo. 9/28/17 My husband had to send another return request because one of the stone composed the halo became cloudy/dull/discolored again. The representative responded: "the previous stone was damaged which is why it was cloudy. If it looks the same again, its because its become damaged.

The price to replace 1x stone, polish/refinish the ring is $25." We were never told by the jeweler the previous stone was damaged, only discolored. We were never informed by Moissaniteco the previous stone was damaged when they received it on Aug 2016. My husband asked the representative if we would be able to return the ring for merchandise credit if we pay the $25 to replace the stone, "refinish" ring. We understand there is a 30 days return policy, but under the extenuating circumstance/since this is happening quite frequently.

The representative stopped responding to his emails. He had to send multiple follow up emails and finally got a response on 10/6/17, which denied the request without further recommendations. 10/13/17 I was standing in line at Costco, looked down at my ring and one of the stone had fallen off. I am beyond disappointed/disbelief.

My ring now has a stone missing and a dull/cloudy stone visible, I can no longer wear it. Even if I'm willing to send the ring back to replace the stone, how many more times do I have to keep doing this every 6 months? I would not recommend this company to any of my family/friends and would rather pay more for better quality/customer services. There was lack of professionalism/miscommunication/misleading information.

Also, the only way to contact them is through emails, there's no phone number available. I have filed a claim with the Better Business Bureau. I expected this ring to last a lifetime as advertised on their website.

I've attached a picture of my ring below.On the Better Business Bureau website, Moissanite Co legal name is: Firecut LLC 5851 W Charleston Blvd Las Vegas NV 89146-1290

Review about: Ring.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

I didn't like: Defective stone.

Comments